Finally I have time to add an entry on Word Press and to read a couple of fellow bloggers posts. 🙂

It has been really hectic over the last few weeks, along with cooking at my work during the day, I have also worked the odd night at Kmart too to help them out.  I have also had a few nights out during the week nights….nothing exciting, just meetings and mundane stuff. 😦

I worked my day job yesterday for 6.5 hours then went on to Kmart to do the 4pm till midnight shift, yaaaawn.   I had 15 mins to drive there and get changed into my uniform.

I received a text from them early in the morning pleading to work as they were so short staffed.  I didn’t really want to as it is so hard working 14.5 hours basically in a row, but…..Colin and I really need a holiday sometime, a decent one.

The money I work extra is going to mostly get put away for us for the holiday. I do like the staff at Kmart and the place, it is hard work though.

 Now that Colin has finished his chemotherapy medication, along with his Oncologist’s recommendation he should be able to go overseas.  My plan, if possible, is to maybe go back to Bali next year sometime, and maybe Kuala Lumpur again.


It has been about 7 years since we went there, that is when I started getting sick with bowel problems.  It was on our 20th Wedding Anniversary over there.  I put it down to eating too much rice at the time until we arrived home 😛

We love Bali – the country and the Balinese.  They have nothing but are always happy, so so friendly and such a beautiful country.

I already have been asked to work at Kmart tomorrow night, I said yes to that as we have Monday off work for Anzac Day….’Lest we forget’ .   I will have a lie in on Monday morning, then will go to a Service at 11am rather than Dawn Service at 6am.

Today it has been cold and rainy off and on.  My Harriers Club were guests of another Dunedin Club today.  I was asked to take the ‘Fast Pack’ of Walkers as our Walking Leader is out of town for the long weekend.  It was nice to take ten faster walkers with me, we paced well up the hills, then around the inlet of the harbour.  We only walked for 1 and a 1/2 hours, but the pace was quick.  Our heart rates were working.  It was nice to have a natter with the others in my group.  I asked a few quiz questions of the local history of the area/suburb we walked in.  It wasn’t planned at all, but it got us all chatting more, interesting stuff. I think it went down well.

We went back to the other Club’s clubrooms for afternoon tea. We were very lucky that we missed the rain and stayed dry.  The clouds now look like they are going to shit themselves (ha ha)…black as anything.  At least the rain will fill our water tanks up 🙂

I took a raffle at their club to support them for their fundraising. To my surprise I won one of the six prizes, my number was the second one drawn out.  🙂 We were allowed to pick the prize.  I was going to be a guts and think of myself and pick the cake of chocolate but then noticed some lovely big pork chops, a large tray of them.  Colin loves chops and we hardly ever have pork ones as they are expensive.  Personally I mainly eat chicken or fish and wouldn’t thank you for a big steak or chop but he would pick meat anytime.  I made the right choice to surprise him..tomorrow night I think he may be having a good feed. 🙂  

I hardly ever win anything so was delighted and thanked the host club on my way out the door.  

I was pleased that my walk went well too.  All in all a busy day, but a good one.  Think I will sleep well tonight.  I am off to finished restoring my vintage  pram now for the young lass to put her  baby doll in that she purchased a short while ago.  It is a collectors doll and very life-like.

 I will most likely let her keep the pram, I think it is from the 1950’s, I had always wanted one and brought it from a second hand shop about six years ago. Finally I had a reason to hurry up and do it up.  It looks good with a lick of paint and sanding and re coating the frame,I’m  just finishing putting the pom pom trim around the hood of it.

The picture below is not my one, but it is the same sort.



Last but not least, here is a little bit of history about Anzac Day:


Anzac Day occurs on 25 April. It commemorates all New Zealanders killed in war and also honours returned servicemen and women.

The date itself marks the anniversary of the landing of New Zealand and Australian soldiers – the Anzacs – on the Gallipoli Peninsula in 1915. The aim was to capture the Dardanelles, the gateway to the Bosphorus and the Black Sea. At the end of the campaign, Gallipoli was still held by its Turkish defenders.

Thousands lost their lives in the Gallipoli campaign: 87,000 Turks, 44,000 men from France and the British Empire, including 8500 Australians. To this day, Australia also marks the events of 25 April. Among the dead were 2779 New Zealanders, about a sixth of those who served on Gallipoli.

It may have led to a military defeat, but for many New Zealanders then and since, the Gallipoli landings meant the beginning of something else – a feeling that New Zealand had a role as a distinct nation, even as it fought on the other side of the world in the name of the British Empire.

Anzac Day was first marked in 1916. The day has gone through many changes since then. The ceremonies that are held at war memorials up and down New Zealand, or in places overseas where New Zealanders gather, remain rich in tradition and ritual befitting a military funeral.  

On Monday, let us also remember those Soldiers that survived and their families that are still are affected by this war.





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: